I finally came up with my ten questions, after being nominated by Tracey Clark, who is releasing her debut novel Shocking Finds, on October 26th! It will be part of a series called Finder’s Keepers. I’ m so excited for her.
These are excellent ways for bloggers to get to know one another, while having a little fun. If you choose to accept my nomination, please answer the questions after Tracey’s!
- What is your guilty pleasure? Do you lick the icing off cakes when no one is looking, do you eat before going out for a mean you know will cause you stress, do you baby talk to you cat??? What little thing makes you happy, and makes you feel silly? Something that makes me feel happy and silly is without a doubt singing in my car. I will be belting out tunes in the daylight, unscathed by passing cars. And when I see someone singing or dancing in their own car, it fills me with delight.
- When you go to the movies, do you go for action, comedy, drama… and why? Is there an actor that draws you to this type of movie, or does this type of movie help you to relax in some way … maybe you just like getting the crap scared out of you so you can hold on to your date… come on fess up… lol I like action movies, in part because I’m a martial artist, and also because I think they have better and faster moving plots. That being said, I recently watched “Man From Earth”, which takes place almost entirely in a single room, and loved it. It depends on how the plot challenges my thinking.
- If you are an author… What would you like to say about your upcoming novel? If you are an avid reader … What book has you bouncing from foot to foot, as you wait for its release? I am so excited about my upcoming novel, the first in the Supernatural London Underground Series. I’ve been so excited that I keep outlining and writing more in the rest of the series books. What I want to say, is wait for what I have in store for my author platform. I am going to bring this thing to life!
- Accent?? What type of accent do you have, what type do you love to hear, and what type would you like to have if you could change your own??? I have a newscaster accent, a North American one, though I do think I used a few weird accents playing a board game with my In-laws last night. I like trying different accents, and definitely cannot do an Irish one if my life depended on it.
- ‘The hills are alive with the sound of music…’ Vacation locations… Where is your favorite past vacation spot, and where would you like to go before you die? On my last vacation I went to the ocean, and I swear putting your feet in ocean water gives you five years of your life back. I love visiting London, and the place I want to go the most is westward in America—since I’ve never been there.
- No matter if you are an author or not, what advice would you give to your favorite author? Run your craft like a business and keep trying. Good things happen when you don’t give up, but you have to do the research on the industry and notice trends in marketing. Plan on working twice as hard as in your last job.
- If you could make everyone in the world answer one question, no holds bar and unfailingly honestly…. what would it be? Muhahahaha It is always what superpower would you choose…hands down.
- What is your spirit animal? yep, I really want to know… personally, I think I am some kind of hybred mix. Like a pug puppy, hyena, dolphin mix… yep… I like that, so that is what I will be. (Any Native Americans out there … feel free to answer with the honest spiritual answer, or one that is more insane like me…) I used to think it was Joss Whedon, but then I met Dawn Summers.
- I always have pens, or refills for my favorite pen, in my purse. Do you do anything similar (and guys, we will call it a man-purse, or just always available in your truck :P) And do you have a favorite pen? GEL INK.
- And last but not least, describe your craziest life experience. Studying Psychology at the bachelor’s level was definitely the “craziest”, and I think working with Doctors and Social Workers might even top that. Few of them are “sane”, and as we joke (though it’s true), clinical practitioners usually get into Psychology to find out what their own deal is. I know I got into it because I’m an outlier and eccentric (a million artistic hobbies, thinks everyone should get along, and did I mention I’m always right because I’m objective when I need to be?) . A shout out to my Doctor and LISW friends—most of whom are normal, and let me make Gestalt jokes in text.
Now the rules are simple, I must nominate 10 people, thank my wonderful nominator, and create questions of my own!
- Erica’s bookshelf. She’s a book reviewer without censorship–but with a massive sense of humor. I enjoy the truths she types.
- Gary. Gary writes a blog about being an empath. Even though we have opposing views on this, I think it’s cool that he took the time to read my blog on empaths, and I do stop by his occasionally! Different opinions make the world inspiring, and i’d like to know more about him.
- Katie. Katie is a poet, and she does blog about other topics as well, so I think she’d have fun on this assignment!
- Alysha. Alysha has published The Waiting Room, is a 9th grade English teacher, and is following my blog! I’d like to get to know her better with the 10 questions i’m posting in a moment.
- Yusra. Yusra commented on my T.S. Elliot post, on the quote I don’t believe he said. It was cool to see someone else’s mind turning in response! Learn more about her here. A poet, her about me is one of the neatest ones i’ve seen!
- 6-10. I want to hear from you! Feel free to answer the questions below when you stumble upon this post. Me, i’m a rule-breaker– and since i’m still building my blog, I want to make even more new friends. Do not be shy. The questions to answer are below:
- What superpower would you choose?
- In what ways is your greatest weakness also your greatest strength?
- Living in the Northeast of my country, I ask: what rocks about the Winter season?
- Describe your favorite scene in a television so, and what emotional response it elicited (I ask for TV because there are more twists and turning points to choose than movies).
- What book would you NEVER in a thousand years read again?
- Coffee or Tea?
- What is the one force in the world that is more powerful than any other?
- What is your favorite cover song and who is it by?
- If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
- If you had access to a time machine, which decade would you visit and why?
Good luck! And thank you to all of those who accepted my prompt!!!! 😀